About the Course
A chemical peel is a simple, proven skin renewal treatment that uses a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of your skin. Chemical peels can help minimize fine lines, remove scarring and blemishes, including pre-cancerous growths, and even help with uneven pigmentation such as age spots, sunspots and freckles. They work great to treat dark spots left behind by acne and even current acne breakouts.
WHICH TREATMENT IS THE RIGHT ONE? We tailor our peel formulas and strengths to best serve each patient’s condition. For added benefits, peels can also be combined with other procedures such as Microdermabrasion and Clinical Facials. Schedule an appointment to find out what peel is right for you.
RESULTS You will notice a subtle improvement in your skin after each peel. Depending on the type of peel that you are receiving, you may have repeat treatments every 2 to 4 weeks. Deeper peels provide faster results, however we find that these are not always the best option when living in Miami. What Is a Chemical Peel? A chemical peel is a powerful skin exfoliating solution applied to the face, neck, or hands to reveal the smooth and clear skin underneath. What makes this technique so popular is that it’s useful for a variety of skin concerns.
Are All Chemical Peels the Same? No, there are different peels. Peels are generally classified by their ingredients. Each skin condition may respond differently to the ingredients in a peel. For example, wrinkles, pigment problems, and superficial blemishes respond very well to a stronger peel. Acne often responds best to salicylic acid peels. Alpha-hydroxy (AHA), glycolic, lactic, or fruit acid peels are among the gentlest peels. Stronger options like trichloroacetic acid peels penetrate the skin more deeply and can rid the skin of wrinkles. How Does a Chemical Peel Work? The exact process varies depending on the chosen peel. Your skin is thoroughly cleansed and prepared for the treatment before the application of the peel. Next, a chemical solution is applied to your skin and left in place for a designated time. While you wait, the peel solution exfoliates the skin. Once the peel has completed its work, it is peeled away to reveal new, regenerated skin.
10 Top Benefits of Chemical Peels There is a peel for all the most common skin concerns. Below are the top ten benefits of a chemical peel.
1. Treats Acne Topical acne treatments can only go so far, and a peel exfoliates deeper. Getting a peel cleanses your skin more thoroughly and reveals a fresh new layer of skin, without the acne. Peels for acne work best when received in a series, and Dr. Margo Aura Emami can customize a peel schedule to help keep your skin blemish-free.
2. Minimizes Pores Large pores are a common concern for many, and all who have them wish they’d go away. Removing the outer, often damaged layer of skin with a peel has the benefit of making pores look smaller.
3. Erases Fine Lines and Wrinkles Nothing leaves us stuck in the past as much as lines on the skin. These reminders prevent us from living in—and fully enjoying—the present moment. When fine lines or wrinkles have got you down, peels come to the rescue. These chemical solutions can permanently remove fine lines and ease even the toughest wrinkles.
4. Fades Discoloration You deserve to feel confident, vibrant, and beautiful. If sunspots, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation are getting in your way, a peel can help. Many clients find that a peel lifts discoloration from the skin for good.
5. Lifts Skin When you don’t want the downtime of a facelift, a peel could be the right alternative for you. Skin lifting is one of the incredible benefits a peel offers.
6. Soothes Scarring There is an implied permanence with scarring that isn’t accurate. Many scars from acne or anything else recede when exposed to the chemicals found in a peel.
7. Balances Texture Uneven skin tone and blemishes add a dimension to the skin that many people don’t want. Peels bring balance to the overall texture of the skin.
8. Smooths Skin Peels are best known for unparalleled skin-smoothing benefits. By lifting rigid layers of skin from the face, neck, or hands, the result is gorgeously smooth and touchable skin.
9. Non-Invasive Treatment This treatment is one of the most effective options not requiring needles or surgery. Some clients pair this treatment with other treatments because of this. For others, it’s comforting to know that they can achieve their desired look without surgery. Is There Anything to Avoid After a Chemical Peel? After receiving any peel, it’s essential to avoid the sun while your skin heals.
Superficial Peels Superficial peels take one to seven days to heal fully. Use lotion or cream on the skin while it heals. Wear sunscreen every day after your skin heals. You can wear makeup the day after your appointment.
Medium Peels Medium peels take five to ten days to heal completely. The skin may peel during this time. If you have a history of cold sores, you may be advised to take antiviral medication during this time. Use a mild lotion or cream on the skin during the healing process. After five to seven days, you can wear makeup.
Instructor: Lilia Erlikh & Johana Kulas